INTOLERABLE WEATHER CONDITIONS INSPIRE NEW T-SHIRT COMPANY

Who would have thought such sweltering heat would have given birth to a fresh new t-shirt company! It's hot here, intolerably so. Worse, much worse, is the humidity. It weighs down upon one to such a degree that all the ceiling and standing fans in the apartment and office have shared sense of inadequacy. Yet this sticky Hades is home to great creativity, particularly in the area of design. Some years ago, when I first started out on my own, similarly unbearable summer conditions gave me the idea for my company name - Swelter. Somewhere along the line, I thought it would be great for a t-shirt brand. Mid last year, that brand saw the light of day and is now being worn by quite a few people (bless them!) from around the world. Today's the day I start to share with you some of the Swelter designs and the stories behind them (hey, and if there aren't any, I'll make them up. You might want to help me along there.) Right now, I have no energy, I'm in the mood for a chat, and I keep filling up my glass with water. Pray for rain!

Thursday 25 January 2007

FANTASTIC T-SHIRT REFERENCES AND INSPIRATION


I was in New York over Christmas this year and was given by my dear partner two of Helen Walters' famous books on t-shirts - the latest, 300% Cotton and the previous one, 200% Cotton. Both cleverly named sequels to her original brainwave, 100% Cotton. I urge you to get your hands on them, devour them, share them if you absolutely have to (but know that they will most likely wander and friendships will be severely tested!)

No comments: